Home-Tech’s START Program
Skills Through Applied Realistic Training
Home-Tech is well known in Southwest Florida for the training provided to our new technicians via our S.T.A.R.T. program (Skills Through Applied Realistic Training). Our Mentors and onsite training facility provide the latest in appliance repair education. You will be trained in a simple, no-nonsense way, combining on-the-job training, as well as classroom study.
Earn While You Learn
When you join our S.T.A.R.T. program, you can “Earn While You Learn.” Learn a valuable trade and get real experience all while being paid to do so! Bypass expensive schooling and get right into a well-paying career today!
- Average Highly Skilled Technicians – $74,453.47
- 1st Year Technicians – $40,810.03
On The Job Training
- You will be assigned a qualified “mentor”
- Mentorship will be a minimum of an 8 week program
- You will attend classroom instruction at Home-Tech which will include electrical, refrigeration, disposal, water heater, etc.
- You will have homework on various related subjects and will be quizzed on a weekly basis
- On satisfactory completion of minimum 8 week program, you will be released and assigned a company vehicle
- Local to area
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Proven work references
- Good people skills
Since 1981 Home-Tech has been a pillar of stability and opportunity for those dedicated to serving our Southwest Florida community.
- Pathway to Ownership
- Health Insurance
- Company Vehicle
- Generous 401K Plan
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Advancement Opportunities
- Long Term Job Security
- Progressive Retirement Program